The first week, it was critical to keep my head in the game so I posted everyday but I’m slowing down to 3 times within this final week of liquids.
This is primarily due to the ease with which this week has progressed.
But I couldn’t have done it without the bulk food smorgasbord that is Costco.
They have an amazing selection of Oragnic food that lent itself to easy preparation:
- 1 – Case, Tomato and Red Bell Pepper boxed soup.
- 1 – Bag, Vegetable Based Organic Protein Powder
- 1 – Bag, Fruit Based Organic Protein Powder
- 1 – Case, Lentil and Lentil Vegetable Canned Soup (convenient pull tab top)
- 1 – Case, Organic Yogurt (in easy open squeeze tubes)
- 1 – Bag, frozen smoothie mix fruit
- 1 – Bag, fresh spinach (placed in freezer for use in smoothies).
- 3 – Pack, orange juice (for smoothies)
- 2 – Pack, C4 energy additive (for smoothies)
- 1 – Case, organic apple sauce (also in squeeze packs).
The soups are just boiled and then blended, if necessary and then poured into a thermal bottle (also from Costco).
Remaining items on the list are used in smoothies or can be used directly out of the container, without refrigeration.
Again, for me, convenience is everything in this game because I don’t have a lot time (really, I don’t want to take the time) for extensive meal preparation.
And even though the point of week 2 is not to lose weight, I’m still losing pounds and I can easily tell, especially today, that I’m feeling full much sooner.
Game changing phenomenon.
And I’ve got that funky fresh feeling: more ready energy and mental acuity.
Also, it doesn’t hurt to have a milk shake during this time but go easy; you just flushed the system and are on your way back so, there’s no need to get crazy.
Your brain has also reset so keep feeding it the right message and order small or mini of anything fast food.
This will help you transition to the controlled solids phase when ordering only a single appetizer, a cup of soup or an individual small salad will rule your portions.
I travel for work. So, I will be bringing divided paper plates with me wherever I go as my tool of choice.
But I’ve been looking around for additional or better tools as well.
I feel this also very important. One of the tricks to staying focused when you’re getting food crazy is to continue researching the “whys” of consuming a liquid diet and the “hows” of your tool kit.
Using your online activity, which is typically high usage in modern society, to pull focus and find reasons to continue is an excellent way to shore up success.
The secret of my success?